Ferry Ride Options
The South Ferry Company provides convenient ferry service from Shelter Island, NY to North Haven, NY and back for both passengers and vehicles. We offer a variety of tickets that can meet all your transportation needs, from single to multi-day tickets for vehicles or just passengers, plus multi-trip ticket books and commuter passes. Browse the options below and easily book online!
- For roundtrip tickets, each return trip must be completed on the same day as the first crossing.
- All crossings after 12:00 a.m. are subject to a $2.00 surcharge.
- Weekly “commuter passes” are valid through the last ferry on the Sunday after their purchase and are allowed for travel to work or school.
- View more schedule information >
Single-Day Pedestrian-Only Tickets
- One-Way Pedestrian Fare: $2
- Same Day Roundtrip Pedestrian Fare: $3
**Pass needed for children under the age of 8 when unaccompanied by an adult
Multi-Day Ticket Books
Multi-Day Ticket Books are no longer for sale online and are available for purchase on our vessels via cash or check or in our office via credit card.
- 10 One-Way Trips: $90
- 10 Same Day Round Trips: $120
- 30 Multi-Trip One-Way Pedestrian Trips: $30
10-trip books do not include the price of additional passengers in your vehicle. Passenger booklets can be purchased separately.
Single-Day Vehicle-Included Tickets
- Car and driver or Pick-up truck up to 22 feet in length: $15
- Motorcycle: $8
- Bicycle: $4
- Per passenger: $2
Same Day Roundtrip Fare:
- Car and driver or Pick-up truck up to 22 feet in length: $20
- Motorcycle: $10
- Bicycle: $6
- Per passenger: $3
COMMUTER PASSES ARE NO LONGER BE AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE ONLINE AND CAN BE PURCHASED MONDAY, TUESDAY OR WEDNESDAY ON OUR VESSELS WITH CASH OR CHECK OR AT OUR OFFICE WITH A CREDIT CARD.
- 5-Day Pass: $27 can be purchased on Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday and can be used for 5 same-day roundtrips.
- 6-Day Pass: $33 can be purchased on Monday or Tuesday and can be used for 6 same-day roundtrips.
Commuter passes expire as of the last ferry the Sunday after your purchase date. Tickets do not include the price of additional passengers in your vehicle. Passenger booklets can be purchased separately.